The FARO Quantum and Quantum ScanArm illustrate the latest generation of the Faro Arm portfolio. The Faro Quantum Arm is a portable coordinate measuring machine (CMM) that allows manufacturers easy verification of product quality by performing 3D inspections, tool certifications, CAD comparison, dimensional analysis, reverse engineering, and more.
In addition, the FARO Laser Line Probe also includes the ScanArm, which adds unparalleled non-contact 3D scanning powerful abilities to employ during detailed surface measurements. This combination makes the FARO Quantum and Quantum ScanArm the perfect 3D measurement tool to perform contact and non-contact portable CMM.
The FARO Quantum intuitive user experience improves performance, portability, and reliability.
• 4m spherical working volume
• Accuracy: ISO 10360-8 Annex D Certified
• Integrated WiFi for faster connection time and greater range
• Hot-Swappable Battery for continuous cable-free operation
• Internal Counterbalance: Provides comfortable, stress-free usage
• 8-Axis scanning allows measurement to be performed with a minimal footprint
International Metrology Measurement Standards Certification
- ISO 10360-12 accuracy standards for contact measurement arms
- ISO 10360-8 Annex D for laser line probe
- Designed for weight optimization
- Comfort grip handles
- Quick swap probes with no recalibration required
Built Tough with Exceptional Portability
- Certified to IEC 60068-2 standards for shock, vibration and temperature stress relief
- Easy transport in a sturdy, pelican case
- Continuous, cable-free operation enabled
- Greater range and faster connection time
Versatile Mounting Options
- Magnetic and tripod mounts available
- Available in 1.5 – 4 meters reaches
- A solution for every need!
Laser Line Probes
- The Quantum arm can be deployed with the FAROBlu® Laser Line Probe, the optically-superior, next generation of blue laser technology. FAROBlu allows five times faster scanning, including complex, dark, and reflective materials. Available in standard and high definition.
- The Quantum arm can also be used with the FARO Prizm™ Color Laser Line Probe, delivering color scanning capabilities for high resolution color point cloud data capture and analysis.
- Integrated rotary scanning system, provides an additional 8th scanning axis for a whole new level of measurement solutions.
- The operator can focus on measuring with no worries about uncomfortably reaching around the part or assembly.
- A single device set-up allows users to reach and digitize features that would normally require multiple device locations, or a longer-reach arm.
- No loss of accuracy versus 7-axis scanning.
- 8-Axis Quantum allows scanning to be performed within a minimal footprint.
The tradition continues for the FARO family and its LLPs. The new FARO arm Quantum Max features 3 LLPs FAROBlue guns each designed for your desired needs in the field: FAROBlue xS (maximum speed), FAROBlue xP (maximum productivity), FAROBlue xR (maximum resolution and accuracy). Each of this LLP unlocks the ability to perform measurements in your shop like never seen before. The guns are swappable and the options limitless.
ACQUIP’s Faro Quantum Max rental can include as per request the FAROBlue xP LLP, which offers the ability to scan anything with a balanced coverage blend of xR accuracy/resolution and xS speed — increasing profitability and throughput with performance suitable for any application.
- Meet rigorous ISO 10360-12 performance standards
- Extended battery life, operate without cables
- High speed wireless operation
- Internal counterbalancing, operate with a single hand and without fatigue
- Exclusive FARO Quantum MAX 8 AXIS integration
- Temperature and overload sensors. Ensure continuous, optimal performance
- Powerful software solutions. Easily integrate FARO arms and Software
The Faro Edge Arm is a portable coordinate measuring machine (CMM) that allows manufacturers easy verification of product quality by performing 3D inspections, tool certifications, CAD comparison, dimensional analysis, reverse engineering, and more.
In addition, the FARO Laser Line Probe also includes the ScanArm, which adds unparalleled non-contact 3D scanning powerful abilities to employ during detailed surface measurements. This combination makes the FARO Edge and Edge ScanArm the perfect 3D measurement tool to perform contact and non-contact portable CMM.
The FARO Edge intuitive user experience improves performance, portability, and reliability.
• 1.8 to 3.7m (6 ft. to 12 ft.) spherical working volume
• Accuracy from 0.024mm (0.0009 in.) to 0.064mm (0.0025in.)
• Intuitive on-board measurement system: Built-in touchscreen computer; QuickTools; Laptop-free basic measurements
• Smart Sensor Technology: Sensors warn against factors that compromise performance
• Internal Counterbalance: Provides comfortable, stress-free usage
• Temperature Sensors: Allow the Arm to react to thermal variations for maximum portability and accuracy
Intuitive On-Board Measurement System
With its built-in touchscreen computer and “SmartArm” technology, the Edge easily performs laptop-free basic
measurements. On-board diagnostics and easy-to-setup measurement routines simplify your measurement
Multi-Function Handle Port
With a quick-change handle and expandable capability, the Edge allows for seamless and interchangeable
The Edge expands connectivity through Bluetooth, WiFi, USB, and Ethernet-ready options and enables multiple
device management through enhanced networking.
In addition to its patented internal counterbalancing that provides comfortable, stress-free use, the Edge provides
improved weight distribution and balance, for reduced strain and ease-of-use.
Smart Sensor Technology
Improved sensors warn against excessive external loads, correct for thermal variations, and detect possible
setup problems – all to warn against factors that may compromise measurement performance.
The Edge is compatible with a wide range of probing attachments such as standard and touch probes, FARO iProbes, and even custom probes.
The FARO Edge’s on-board measurement software incorporates the essential functions of our powerful CAM2 metrology solution and delivers them in a user friendly, icon-driven interface that provides autonomous operation for basic inspection without the need of a separate computer.
Basic Feature Measurement
Quickly measure basic geometric features or check length and angular dimensions. Easily setup parts using
simple, predefined alignment options. Review and save results locally, to a SD card or the USB drive.
Select and compensate multiple probe types right from your device – independently from your preferred
Create simple custom measurement routines for your repetitive tasks, thereby ensuring measurement consistency
among users. You can even incorporate your own part images for easy reference.
A series of tests are available to ensure proper device setup, improve measurement stability, and verify device
performance – an event log automatically tracks and records device environment history.
The Edge allows you to personalize the settings to your specific needs. Easily switch between English and metric
units, select from multiple languages, set display and sound preferences, choose from different connection
options, and monitor and manage power settings.