Here's What We Do Better
The Benefits of Measuring and Correcting Foundation Settlement
- Prolonged lifetime of your machines
- Foundations are less likely to suffer fatigue stress and so repair costs are saved
- Downtime is minimised and so are any unplanned stoppages
Industrial Applications for Geometric Laser Alignment & Measurement of Flatness & Foundation Settlement
- Machine Tables
- Machine Guides
- Structural Base Plates
- Floor Plates
The laser measurement process is perfect to quickly measure machine foundations. In the past, flatness measuring on large surface areas required extensive work hours to guarantee precise recordings. Nowadays, flatness laser measuring instruments can provide fast and highly accurate flatness calculations on any large surface. These methods are best for turbine horizontal joints, machine beds, heat exchangers, and many other machined surfaces.
…Our GD&T flatness readings are taken from two parallel planes within the surface.
How to Measure Flatness
- Firstly, measuring flatness is needed for recording locations and elevations of flat and level base plates, rails, or soleplates. Secondly, A graphical and numerical data report should be created to simply correct any errors in the readings.
- Laser measurements should be taken on new installations, in order to ensure accurate positioning prior to grouting, and prevent potential foundation problems.
Laser measurements are now faster, more accurate, and easier to attain.
How to Check Flatness tolerances
- To ensure flatness measurements are accurate, many individual points may be recorded. This allows not only elevation and level to be set or evaluated, but the flatness tolerance of an individual piece or surface may be determined as well. Also, several pads or plates, even separated by large gaps, may easily be brought to the same elevations.
- Most machinery demands for equipment bases to be installed flat and level and at a range of elevations. Our GD&T flatness readings are taken from two parallel planes within the surface. Precise vertical adjustments are necessary to level reciprocating equipment. Laser measurement provides a way to easily and accurately establish any amount of elevations. Laser measurements may be documented at any time during the leveling process. This is particularly useful where continuous monitoring is required.
Working with ACQUIP on the job we had in Italy recently was the best experience I have had in this type situation. ACQUIP was very professional and the response time far exceeded my expectations. The rental equipment was in top shape and made it possible for us to take care of our customer in an emergency situation. We will look forward to doing business with you in the future. Thank you for your hard work.
ACQUIP’s engineers performed a great job for Siemens Energy . The Fluid Drive and Gearbox and Pump were all included in the task. Each component was aligned to “all” of Siemens procedures and specifications requested. The Siemens customer was very satisfied with the results of the alignment and process.
First I would like to thank you for your help. We need a piece of alignment equipment on site last minute do to a break down. ACQUIP responded to your request immediately, recommend the right tool for the job, and had the tool on site by 8:30 AM the following morning. Just outstanding customer service and support from the entire ACQUIP team.
ACQUIP was the best choice to rent the Laser Tracker. It speeded up the process! I will definitely come back on our next set of fixtures!
I highly recommend ACQUIP for executing both Tops on/Tops off and Tops off Steam path alignments.