ERAG (electronic radial alignment gauge): How to use it for my project?
Electronic Radial Alignment Gauge (ERAG) or Concentricity Alignment Tool (CAT) is a tool that can directly measure the amount of diaphragm misalignment with the rotor in place. This tool have a proven alignment method through thousands of hours of use.
⬇ Here’s a general procedure you can follow:
1. Familiarize Yourself with the Device:
Read the user manual and understand the specific features, functions, and operation of the ERAG device you have.
Ensure that the device has working batteries.
2. Pre-alignment Preparation:
Ensure that the equipment is turned off and stationary before starting the alignment process.
Mount the ERAG device in the diaphragm packing hookfit, following the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Calibrate the ERAG device according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Typically, this involves zeroing the ERAG on the left or right side of the diaphragm.
- Activate the ERAG device and start the measurement process.
- Follow the device instructions for capturing alignment measurements.
- The device will display differences in the gap that exists between the diaphragm and the rotor.
5. Analysis and Adjustment:
- Analyze the measurement data provided by the ERAG device.
- Determine the misalignment condition and the required adjustments for alignment improvement.
- Follow industry standards, best practices, or equipment manufacturer guidelines for adjustment procedures.
6. Adjustment Verification:
- Make the necessary adjustments to correct the misalignment based on your analysis.
- Re-measure the alignment using the ERAG device to verify the effectiveness of the adjustments.
- Repeat the adjustment and verification process as needed until satisfactory alignment is achieved.
7. Documentation and Reporting:
- Document the alignment measurements, adjustments made, and final alignment condition.
- Prepare a report summarizing the alignment process and any recommendations for future maintenance or adjustments.
It’s important to note that the specific steps and procedures for using the ERAG device may vary depending on its features and manufacturer instructions. It’s recommended to consult the user manual or contact the device manufacturer directly for detailed instructions specific to your ERAG device model.
View more: Faro Arm Rentals